The Faculty of Social Science and Humanities was established under Decision No. 986 by the Rector of Nha Trang University, dated 06th September 2011. Under the Rector’s Decision No. 1484/QD-DHNT, signed on November 4, 2011, the Social Science and Humanities teaches the science of Marxism-Leninism and Ho Chi Minh's ideology and performs the following functions and tasks:
1. Manage the department’s selection of quality textbooks and reference documents in addition to the preparation of engaging lectures.
2. Providing teacher training and professional development opportunities to staff members. Teaching students political ideology, ethics, and lifestyle.
3. Managing instruction and improving the overall quality of lecturers.
4. Managing staff members who work at the Faculty of Social Science and Humanities.
5. Advising and proposing solutions and measures regarding the dissemination and education of Political ideas for staff and students, namely:
- Developing and implementing curriculum for the instruction of ethics and political ideology for staff and students.
- Developing and carrying out a plan to teach staff and students to understand and follow Party policy, the law of State and the University’s political responsibilities.
- Acquiring consistent and up-to-date feedback from staff and students on their political views.
- Communicating the University’s activities to the broader community through public affairs.