Over the years, the Faculty has undertaken many scientific research projects to serve the economic development of the local province and the University. The Faculty is focusing on specific research areas such as state budget management; management of business finance and international finance; financial reporting; behavioral finance and microfinance; accounting policies; organization of financial accounting, cost management; building internal control systems and; designing accounting information system.
Currently, the Faculty is promoting research on the issue of supply and demand, the development of the theory of the behavior of consumers and organizations; economic policy and fisheries management, consultancy of business management activities (strategic planning, human resource management, supply chain management and, value chain); the development of sustainable tourism economy associated with marine economy, and international trade.
In recent years, faculty members have completed many university-level research projects and published many papers in domestic and international journals. This shows that scientific research capacity of the faculty members has been enhanced, contributing to improving the training quality of the University. On the other hand, the research results in recent years have contributed to helping businesses make policies on corporate governance, budget management, reasonable capital structure, better the accounting work in the business, as well as improve the quality of published financial statements.
1. Finance – banking group: Undertake studies on finance – banking areas. The head of the group is Dr. Vo Van Can. This group has five members.
2. Accounting group: Undertake research on the organization of accounting components of businesses and other institutions. The head of the group is Dr. Phan Thi Dung. This group has seven members
3. Auditing group: Focus on studies of auditing and accounting information system of firms. The head of the group is Dr. Nguyen Thanh Cuong. This group has seven members.
- List of some typical published papers
(1) Nguyen Thanh Cuong & Nguyen Huu Manh (2019). “Modeling Stock Price Volatility: Empirical Evidence from the Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange in Vietnam”. The Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business (JAFEB), 6(3), 19-26. (SCOPUS, ESCI).
(2) Nguyen Thanh Cuong, Bui Manh Cuong, & Pham Đinh Tuan (2019). “Corporate Capital Structure Adjustments: Evidence from Vietnam Stock Exchange Market”. The Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business (JAFEB), 6(3), 41-53. (SCOPUS, ESCI).
(3) Tuan Nguyen, Hoang Xuan Huy Dang (2018), Studying the impact of internal control on control objectives of vietnam commercial banks - the role of control environment, the 2018 uhd-ctu-uel international economics and business conference proceedings, ISSN: 2472-9329 (Print) 2472-9310 (Online).
(4) Vo Thi Thuy Trang & Nguyen Thi Thuy Trang, (2018). The Effect of State Capital Factor on the Operational Effectiveness of Hose – Listed Companies, International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, Issue 166, March 2018, 63 – 68.
(5) Nguyen Thi Kim Dung, (2018). “Modelling exchange rate volatility using GARCH model: An empirical analysis for Vietnam” Studies in Computational Intelligence, Springer series, 760, 941-952.
(6) Nguyen Viet & Nguyen Van Huong, (2017). The impact of firm’s characteristics on profit adjustment after auditing: a case of listed firms in Vietnam, Journal of Economic Development, 28(5), 32–55.
(7) Nguyen Van Huong, (2017). Earning pressure and the restated financial statements: evidence in Vietnam, Journal of Economic and Development, 229, 35-42.
(8) Nguyen Thi Cam Tu, (2017). The Impact of Female Board of Directors on Firm Performance and Dividend Payout Policies. Evidence from Vietnam. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, số 164, 56 – 67.
(9) Hoang Thi Du, (2017). “Purchasing power parity hold between Vietnam and United States” The 13th International conference on knowledge-based economy and global management, Taiwan, 2017.
(10) Nguyen Thi Kim Dung, (2017). “Vietnamese Exchange Rate Volatility Estimation Using GARCH model: A comparison of error distribution and information criteria”, Vietnam’s Business & Economics Research Conference tại TP.HCM, 11/2017.
(11). Nguyen Van Hương, (2016). Tax Policy Changes and Earnings Management: The Case Of Vietnam. The 3rd International Conference on Finance and Economics (ICFE 2016), 479 – 487, June 15th - 17th, 2016, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
(12). Nguyen Thi Canh, Nguyen Thanh Cuong (2012), "Development of the Fisheries Sector in Vietnam and a number of solutions developed in the coming period", Journal information and forecasts economic - social - Ministry of Planning and investment, number 73 (1.2012), pp. 30-37.
(13). Nguyen Thanh Cuong, Nguyen Thi Canh (2012), "The Effect of Capital Structure on Firm Value for Vietnam's Seafood Processing Enterprises", The 19th Annual Conference of the Multinational Finance Society, Poland, between June 24-27, 2012, International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, Issue 89 (2012), pp. 221-223.
(14). Nguyen Thanh Cuong, Nguyen Thi Canh (2012), "The Factors Affecting Capital Structure for Each Group of Enterprises in Each Debt Ratio Threshold: Evidence from Vietnam's Seafood Processing Enterprises", International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, Issue 94 (2012), pp. 23-37.
(15). Dang Thi Ngoc Tam (2012), "The significance of the interest on the variable costs for business decision making", Journal of Accounting & Auditing (104), pp. 34-35.
(16). Vo Van Can (2013), “Estimation of travel mode choice for domestic tourists to Nha Trang using the multinomial probit model”, Transportation Research Part A, 49, p.149–159. 3.2.
(17). Nguyen Thanh Cuong (2011), "The impact of interest rate policy to support business activities of the seafood processing enterprises in Vietnam", Proceedings of the scientific conference Fiscal policy - Monetary and Financial market development in Vietnam, 2011, University of Economics - Law, National University of Ho Chi Minh City, p. 64-68.
(18). Nguyen Thi Canh, Nguyen Thanh Cuong (2011), "The Determinants of Capital Structure for Vietnam's Seafood Processing Enterprises", The 18th Annual Conference of the Multinational Finance Society, Rome, Italy, between June 26-29, 2011; Science and Technology Development Journal, Vol. 14, No.Q1-2011, pp.28-54.
(19). Nguyen Thanh Cuong, Nguyen Thi Canh (2011), "Threshold Effect Of Capital Structure On Firm Value With Panel Threshold Regression Model: The Case Of Vietnam's Seafood Processing Enterprises", International Conference in Mathematics and Applications, Vietnam, mid December 20-22, 2011.
(20). Chu Thi Le Dung (2011), "Companies' Valuation in Emerging Markets: The Case of Vietnam", Research Proposals, Publishers City University of Economics. HCM, p.43-54.
List of research topics
1. Nguyen Van Huong & et al, “The impacts of firm's characteristics on the inaccuracy between the non-audited and audited financial reports with regards to the listed firms in Vietnam”, Nha Trang university-level scientific research projects, 2017 (Leader).
2. Phan Thi Dung (2004), "The direction and development solutions of the sugar industry in Khanh Hoa Province into 2010" The ministerial-level subject - B2002-33-21, Nha Trang.
3. Phan Thi Dung (2006), "Assessing the economic efficiency of fishing vessels in Phu Yen province," The ministerial-level subject - B2006-13-05, Nha Trang.
4. Thai Ninh (2007), "Assessing the economic efficiency of the fishing profession except blinds, trawl fisheries in some communes of Van Ninh district, Khanh Hoa province," The School-level report - TR2007 - 13-13.
5. Tran Dinh Chat (Chairman) Vo Thi Thuy Trang (2001), "Strategic orientation of export seafood products of the seafood processing enterprises in Khanh Hoa Province"
6. Ha Duy Linh (Chairman), Nguyen Thanh Cuong (2011), “Applying the capital asset pricing model (CAPM) to estimate the cost of capital for the seafood company listed on the stock market in Vietnam ", The study of science students.