The Center was established in August 2007 and is based on research achievements and an infrastructure developed via a collaborative program with the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) - “Marine aquaculture in Vietnam” funded by the Norwegian Universities Committee for Higher Education and Research (NUFU). The Center, CAAHBS for abreviation, is a self-fnancing initiative of NTU pursuant to Decision No.43 of the Central Vietnamese Government.
The CAAHBS mandate is to develop and transfer disease diagnostic and control strategies concerning the hatchery production technology of marine fnfsh and other economically high value species; to support under and post-graduate education activities in the feld of marine aquaculture at NTU; and to collaborate, coordinate and provide research facilities and/or services to domestic and international aquaculture research programs.
After the success in transferring technology of producing barramundi (Lates calcarifer) to some localities, the center is currently completing the production process of some other marine fshes, especially hybrid grouper (tiger grouper x king grouper). In addition, the Center is also a place to research and test vaccines for marine fsh. Studies on immunostimulants such as beta glucan, chitin and chitosan are also being conducted.
1. Histogenesis of thymus of the barramundi (Lates calcarifer bloch, 1790) larvae in Vietnam
2. Safety and protection potency of formalin-killed vaccine against streptococcosis in cultured barramundi (Lates calcarifer bloch, 1790) in Khanh Hoa province, Vietnam
3. Pathogenicity and antibiotic resistance of Streptococcus iniae strains isolated from barramundi (Lates calcarifer, bloch 1790) cultured in Khanh Hoa province
4. Blindness caused by streptococcus in Cobia cultured in Khanh Hoa province
5. Experimental Streptococcus iniae infecton in barramundi (Lates calcarifer) cultured in Vietnam
6. Investigation for the virulence and the route of infection of Streptococcus iniae in barramundi (Lates calcarifer)
7. Effect of β-glucan on some non-specific immune response parameters of barramundi (Lates calcarifer bloch)
8. Effects of Dietary β-glucan Supplementation on Growth, Innate Immune, and Capacity Against Pathogen Streptococcus iniae of Juvenile Pompano (Trachinotus ovatus)
- Identification of parasites on cultured cobia, grouper in pond and cage at Van Ninh, Cam Ranh, Khanh Hoa, Viet Nam
- Study on vaccines against streptococcosis in barramundi
- Evaluate the efficacy of vaccine Norvax strep Si in protecting barramundi against Streptococcus iniae in condition of practical farming system in Vietnam
- Evaluate the effectiveness of X-25 vaccine in protecting barramundi against iridovirus and streptococcus iniae
Director: Mr. Tran Vi Hich, Dr.
CP: +84.258.354 3385
Address: No.2 Nguyen Dinh Chieu street, Nha Trang City, Vietnam
Tel: +84.258.354 3385