- Bachelor in Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering at Nha Trang University has come a long way since 2007. Over one and a half decades, the Department has experienced a rapid expansion of Alumni network, over thousands of outstanding civil engineers working in both private and public sectors in South Central of Vietnam
Graduated Engineers has the knowledge to for structural design and construction of a wide range of buildings from simple shade structures to high-rise apartment blocks; analysis of existing structures for maintenance and modification.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Civil Engineering in Nha Trang University will be prepared for working in the consulting and construction industry sector and government organisations.
Through the Bachelor of Civil Engineering program, graduates will be prepared to make a significant contribution to society through innovation, creative thinking and disciplinary expertise and significant soft skills for future career development.
- Bachelor in Transport Construction Engineering
The transportation industry is a special industry for making smooth circulation of goods in the country, including road and rail transportation, waterway, aviation and pipeline system.
Nha Trang University opens the transport construction engineering course in order to develop human resources for transportation industry, especially for the South Central region, where there is a shortage of human resources in this field.
Training of a team of good engineers, administrators and experts in researching, consulting, designing, supervising, managing projects and constructing infrastructures such as cross-river/cross-sea bridge, viaduct, road, intersection, urban infrastructure, ...
Having soft skills: ability to self-study; communication and information transmission; teamwork; using foreign languages, informatics for work.
- Revit for Structural Engineering
- Structural building Design using Robot Structural Analysis
- Scheduling & project management using Microsoft Project
With experienced lecturers and well-equipped laboratories, the Faculty annually implements many scientific research projects at the ministerial, provincial and University levels. Some highlighted research projects to name could include infrared thermography in structural health monitoring, initial research on the capacity of producing fireproof materials from rice husk, research on designing and manufacturing friction welding equipment, research on applying nix particles in civil construction, seismic analysis for structures, reliability-based design for civil engineering, UAV monitoring and surveying, etc. The Faculty owns five patents on high intensified geopolymer composite materials (number sign 2011-24194, 2011-24195, 2011-24196, 2011-24197, 2011-24198 - Czech Republic), patents on Durable tools (number sign 2011- 25376 - Czech Republic)
- Seismic analysis for structures
- Structural Analysis by FEM, SEM, EDX
- Nondestructive Evaluation (Infrared thermography, ultrasound…)
- Construction material
- Reliability-based design for civil engineering
- Project and Construction Management
- Research on Fibers, Composites and Concrete materials
- Friction Stir Welding
- UAV monitoring and surveying
- Construction Engineering
- Foundation analysis, Soft soil treatment
- Construction material
- Friction Stir Welding
- Thanh Cao Le, et al., Damage detection in plate-like structures using improved modal strain energy method, The Third International Conference on Transportation Infrastructure and Sustainable Development - TISDIC 2019.
- Duc Duy Ho, Thanh Cao Le, Advances in Smart Technologies for Structural Health Monitoring of Cable-stayed Bridges, Regional Conference in Civil Engineering (RCCE) & The Third International Conference on Civil Engineering Research 2017.
- Xiem Nguyen Thang, et al., “The influence of modified fly ash particles by heating on the compressive strength of geopolymer mortar”, Journal of Chemiské listy, volume 106, s557 – s559, 2012.
- Xiem Nguyen Thang, et al., “Thermophysical properties of woven fabrics reinforced geopolymer composites“, World Journal of Engineering, volume 10 (2), 2013.
- Xiem Nguyen Thang, et al., “Effects of temperature and plasma treatment on mechanical properties of ceramic fibres”. Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, JAMME. Volume: 37/2, December 2009, pp. 526-531, ISBN: 1734-8412.
- Duong Tu Tien, et al., “Stab-resistant property of the fabrics woven with the aramid/cotton core-spun yarns”, Journal of Fibers and Polymers, Vol. 11, No. 13, 2010.
- Duong Tu Tien, et al., “Evaluation of Anti-stabbing Performance of Fabric Layers Woven with Various Hybrid Yarns under Different Fabric Conditions”, Journal of Fibers and Polymers, Vol. 12, No. 6, 2011.
- Duong Tu Tien, et al., Stab Resistance of Woven and Nonwoven Aramid Fabric Composites, Journal of Textile Science and Engineering, Vol. 48, No. 4, 2012.
- Tran Hung Tra, et al., ”Fatigue crack propagation behavior of friction stir welding AA 6063-T5: Residual stress and microstructure effect”, International Journal of Fatigue, 43, pp23-29, 2012.
- Tran Hung Tra, et al., ”Effect of weld parameters on the mechanical properties of friction stir welding AA6063-T5”, ASEAN Engineering Journal, Vol 4, pp 73-81, 2011.
- Tran Hung Tra, et al., ”Fatigue crack propagation behavior relevant to inhomogeneous microstructure of friction stir welding AA6063-T5”, Journal of solid mechanics and materials engineering, 4 (6), pp 840-848, 2010.
- Q. H. Tran, J. Huh, N. S. Doan, V. H. Mac and J.-H. Ahn, "Fragility Assessment of a Container Crane under Seismic Excitation Considering Uplift and Derailment Behavior," Applied Sciences, vol. 9, p. 4660, 2019.
- Q. H. Tran, J. Huh, V. B. Nguyen, C. Kang, J.-H. Ahn and I.-J. Park, "Sensitivity Analysis for Ship-to-Shore Container Crane Design," Applied sciences, vol. 8, p. 15, 2018.
- Q. H. Tran, J. Huh, V. H. Mac, C. Kang and D. Han, "Effects of rebars on the detectability of subsurface defects in concrete bridges using square pulse thermography," NDT and E International, vol. 100, pp. 92-100, 2018.
- J. Huh, Q. H. Tran, A. Haldar, I. Park and J.-H. Ahn, "Seismic Vulnerability Assessment of a Shallow Two-Story Underground RC Box Structure," Appl. Sci., vol. 7, no. 7, p. 735, 2017.
- Han Ho Chi, An approach of Social Network Analysis for improving stakeholder management at construction sites – A case study in Vietnam, Conference of Korea Institute of Construction Engineering and Management in Seoul, 2019.
- My Dang Quoc, et al., Soil stabilization by using alkalineactivated ground bottom ash coupled with red mud, CIGOS 2017 - Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Springer, 2018.
- Tan Manh Do, Young-sang Kim, My Quoc Dang, Ngan Thi Tuyet Vu, Thermal Conductivity of Controlled Low Strength Material (CLSM) Made with Excavated Soil and Coal Ash, CIGOS 2017 - Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Springer, 2018.
- International projects:
Our participation in the Erasmus+ KA107 mobility with partner countries project with the Technical University of Liberec, Czech Republic.
- International cooperation and cooperation with businesses
In addition, the Faculty has signed many contracts for calculation, design, and assessment with construction companies. We have also developed cooperative relationships with many international universities such as Nagaoka University of Technology (Japan), Technical University of Liberec (Czech Republic) and Kyung Hee University, Chonnam University (South Korea). We have also focused on partnerships with large scale enterprises of design and construction. These relationships have provided opportunities for our students for internships, allowing them to become familiar with the professional working environment as well as obtaining good jobs after graduation.
Dean: Mr. Nguyen Thang Xiem, Dr.
Vice-Dean: Mr. Tran Hung Tra, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
CP: +84 935272168
Address: 8th Floor, Multipurpose Building, Nha Trang University, Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa, Vietnam
Tel: +84 (258) 2471389