The Electrical and Electronics Technology training program is designed to successfully train learners to become Electrical and Electronics Engineers. The program helps learners effectively acquire knowledge and career skills so that they can confidently operate in fields of industrial electricity, electronics and automation after graduation. The program also trains the ability of independent thinking as well as effective teamwork; practice and creative skills and practical ways of solving problems.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electrical & Electronic Drawing
- PLC traning
- Micro-contronller traning
- Applied Electronic Practice
Our highly qualified lecturers have conducted many research projects on applied electronic, nano-electronics, marine electronics, electrical systems, electrical engineering, teaching methods, and educational management with results having been published in international and domestic scientific journals. The Faculty is moving toward a new energy systems (solar, wind), automation (microprocessor, PLC), the quality of power supply, and specific fields of electrical equipping, marine electronics for fishing boats. Moreover, the Faculty is also focusing on developping and applicating AI algorithms in the area of electrical and electronic engineering.
- Research interest: Development of AI algorithm and application for electrical transimission and distribution systems.
- Leader: Dr. Thi Thom Hoang
- Members: PhD. Tran Duc Dung, PhD. Nhu Khai Hoan, Nguyen Thanh Tuan
- Research interest: Automation in production process
- Leader: PhD. Nhu Khai Hoan
- Members: Dr. Thi Thom Hoang; PhD. Nguyen Van Han, Nguyen Thi Thuy
Research interest: Development of industrical electric systems
- Leader: Dr. Bui Thuc Minh
- Members: Nguyen Hoai Bao, Nguyen Thi Thu Trang, Le Thi Huong, Nguyen Thanh Phuong
Interdisciplinary research group:
- Research interest: Application of AI technology for white leg shrimp drying
- Leader: Dr. Hoang Thi Thom
- Member: Mechanical Engieering
- Research interest: PV application for fish career
- Leader: Dr. Tran Tien Phuc
- Member: Institute for Marine Science & Fishing Technology
- Thi Thom Hoang, Le Thi Huong, “Application of Mutant Particle Swarm Optimization for MPPT in Photovoltaic System”, Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, vol. 19, pp. 600-608, 2020.
- Thi Thom Hoang, Le Thi Huong, “Recognition of Short-Circuit Faults using Mutant Particle Swarm Optimization-based SVM, ” International Journal on Advanced Science, Engineering and Information Technology, vol. 8, 2020.
- Thi Thom Hoang, Le Thi Huong, Quoc Tuan Vu, “Recognition of Short-Circuit Faults using Mutant Particle Swarm Optimization-based SVM,” International Conference on Information, System and Convergence Applications, 2020.
- Thi Thom Hoang, Thi Nguyen Nguyen, Le Nhu Chinh, “Optimization of the Infrared assisted heat pump drying operation of White leg shrimp using Particle Swarm Optimization,” International Conference on Engineering Research and Applications, 2019.
- Cong-Thanh Pham, Khai Hoan Nhu, Van Huong Dong, Thi Huong Le, Thi Thom Hoang, Development of Particle Swarm Optimization for tracking Maximum Power Point of Photovoltaic Systems, Journal of Mechanical Engineering Research and Developments, 12: 16-22, 2019.
- Chien-Nan Chen, Thi Thom Hoang, Ming Yuan Cho, Parameter Optimization of Support Vector Machine using Mutant Particle Swarm Optimization for Diagnosis of Metal-oxide Surge Arrester Conditions, Journal of Experimental & Theoretical Artificial Intelligence, vol. 31, 2019.
- Van Huong Dong, Khai Hoan Nhu, Thi Thom Hoang, Cong-Thanh Pham, Tracking Maximum Power Point for Photovoltaic System using a novel Differential Particle Swarm Optimization, Journal of Mechanical Engineering Research and Developments, 41(4):116-121, 2018.
- Thi Thom Hoang, Ming Yuan Cho, Mahamad Nabab Alam, Quoc Tuan Vu, 2018, A novel differential particle swarm optimization for parameter selection vector machines for monitoring metal-oxide surge arrester conditions, Swarm and Evolutionary Computation. vol. 38, pp: 120-126
- Ming Yuan Cho, Thi Thom Hoang, 2017, Feature Selection and Parameters Optimizationof SVM using Particle Swarm Optimization for Fault Classification in Power Distribution Systems, Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience, vol. 2017, pp. 1-9
- Ming Yuan Cho, Thi Thom Hoang, 2017, A Differential Particle Swarm Optimization-based Support Vector Machine Classifier for Fault Diagnosis in Power Distribution Systems, Advances in Electrical and Computer Engineering, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 51-60
- Thi Thom Hoang, Ming Yuan Cho, Quoc Tuan Vu, 2017, A novel Perturbed Particle Swarm Optimization-based Support Vector Machine for fault diagnosis in power distribution systems, Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 518-529.
- Ming Yuan Cho, Thi Thom Hoang, 2017, Fault Diagnosis for Distribution Networks using enhanced Support Vector Machine classifier with Classical Multidimensional Scaling, Journal of Electrical Systems, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp.415-428.
- Thi Thom Hoang, Ming Yuan Cho, 2017, “Mutant particle swarm optimization based on support vector machine for fault diagnosis in power distribution systems,” International Conference on Smart Grid Technology and Data Processing, IET Proceedings.
- Ming Yuan Cho, Hoang Thi Thom, Jeng Feng Hsu, 2016, Fault Diagnosis for High Voltage Distribution Networks using Pseudorandom Binary Sequence and Cross Correlation Technique, International Conference on Green Technology and Sustainable Development (GTSD) 2016. DOI: 0.1109/GTSD.2016.51, pp.185-190 (EI)
-  Ming Yuan Cho, Hsin Yi Huang, Chien Nan Chen, Hoang Thi Thom, Pei Ru Wang, Wen Yao Chang, Chin Tun Wang, 2016, The implementation and Application of Low Voltage Distribution Line Theft Supervisory System, International Conference on Green Technology and Sustainable Development (GTSD) 2016. DOI: 10.1109/GTSD.2016.50, pp.178-184 (EI).
- Nguyen Van Han, Dibash Basukala, Goo-Rak Kwon and Jae-Young Pyun, An Advanced Wartershed Algorithm for Image Segmentation, International Conference on Electronics, Information and Communication (ICEIC 2016), p.395-399, 27th -30th Jan., 2016, Danang, Vietnam, 2016
- T T Phức, Some research results on the single-molecule transistor, APCTP – ASEAN Workshop on Advanced Materials Science and Nanotechnology, NXB Khoa học Tự nhiên và Công nghệ, p. 565-573.
- T T Phức, Molecular transistor C6H4Br2, C6H4F2 and C6H4Cl2, Advances in Natural Sciences, Vol. 8, No. 3&4, p. 459-468.
- T T Phức, On theory of single-molecule transistor, www.iop.org/Journal of Physics, Ser. 187, p.012055.
- Nguyen V. –H; Pyun J.-Y, Location Detection and Tracking of Moving Targets by a 2 D IR UWB Radar System, Sensors 2015, 15, 6740-6762, 2015
- Nguyen Van Han, and Jae-Young Pyun, Improved Target Detection for Moving Object in IR-UWB Radar, International Conference on Green and Human Information Technology (ICGHIT 2014), 12th – 14th, Feb, 2014, Hochiminh City, Vietnam, 2014
- Nguyen Van Han, Dong-Min Kim, Goo-Rak Kwon, and Jae-Young Pyun, Clutter Reduction on Impulse Ultra Wide Band Radar Signal ITC-CSCC 2013, 1st – 3rd July, 2013, Yeosu, Korea, 2013.
- International projects:
- Development of PV systems
- Development of fault diagnosis devices
- International cooperation and cooperation with businesses
- International cooperation with universities: Poland, South Korea, Japan and Taiwan…
- International cooperation with many groups or companies: Siemens, Omron, Mitsubishi, ABB, AB, LS Electric, Texas Intruments, GE,...
- cooperation with some of universities: HCM University of Technology, Engineering Education, Kien Giang college of Economic-Engineering, Nam Viet college of careerer…
- cooperation with companies and groups in Khanh Hoa, Ninh Thuan…
Dean: Mr. Hoan Nhu Khai, MSc.
Vice-Dean: Mr. Bùi Thúc Minh, Dr.
CP: +84. 989712961
Address: 02 Nguyen Dinh Chieu street, Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa, Vietnam
Tel: +84 (258) 2471456