- Chemical Engineering & Technology
- Postharvest Technology
- Aquatic Products Technology
- Food Technology
- Master in Aquatic Products Technology
- Master in Food Technology
- Master in Postharvest Technology
- Doctor in Aquatic Products Technology
- Doctor in Postharvest Technology
- Doctor in Food Technology
- Food safety and hygiene
- Basic HACCP
- HACCP Audit
The Faculty has become a force in both the quantity and quality of training as well as in scientific research. Currently, research activities of the Faculty focus primarily on: producing new products from aquatic rest raw materials: chitin, chitosan, colorants, flavors, fish glue, fish oil, hydrolyzed protein powder, and bioencapsulation; producing value-added products: surimi, simulation products, and functional foods; developing standards and models of checking, supervising, and warnings of dangerous, harmful factors in aquaculture and seafood processing for export; and producing export products from coffee, tea, and cocoa.
- Developing new products from seafood by-products: chitin, chitosan, colorants, flavors, fish glue, fish oil, etc.
- Producing value-added aquatic products: fish sauce, surimi, surimi-based products, functional foods, etc.
- Control lipid oxidation in food/seafood.
- Seaweed processing and new product development.
- Production of fish meal and oil.
- Developing products from coffee, tea, cocoa, cashew, asparagus, etc.
- Extraction, isolation, characterization and application of natural bioactive compounds from aqutic and agricultural products, as well as from their by-products or rest raw materials.
- Food traceability.
- Sensory assessment tools and shelf life study of food raw materials.
- Monitoring seafood quality during cold chain.
- Food/seafood risk analysis.
- Enzymatic hydrolysis of aquatic by-products.
- Protein hydrolysate.
- Technology of polymers and composites.
- International projects:
- VLIR Network Program on Food BioScience, Project 2 (P2) - Joint Graduate Programmes & Research Based Education in Food Technology between higher education institutions of Vietnam and Belgium.
- Project “RFID-based Dynamic Monitoring and Traceability Technology for Fish Product Quality During Cold Chain”. Project number 8-07S, funded by Sino-Vietnam Scientific and Technological Cooperation (2011-2012).
- Project “Research collaboration, development of monitoring system using wireless sensor network for quality control and energy saving in aquatic product cold chain”, National project in corporation with China Agricultural University. Contract Number: 08/2014/HĐ-NĐT (2014-2017).
- Project ‘Improved quality of Vietnamese Pangasius’, funded by Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Iceland, a coorperation project of UNU-FTP (Iceland), Marel (Iceland), Nha Trang University (Vietnam) (2019-2020).
- International cooperation and cooperation with businesses
- The Faculty of Food Technology plays an important role in promoting partnerships in training, research and technology transfer between NTU and nationwide universities, food – fisheries research institutes, food processing enterprises, and state fisheries management agencies. We also have relationships with more than 20 institutions in 14 different countries such as the U.S, Canada, Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, France, Russia, Japan, Korea, China and, Australia...
Dean: Mrs. Mai Thi Tuyet Nga, Dr.
CP: +84.91.407 4318
Vice-Dean: Mr. Huynh Nguyen Duy Bao, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
CP: +84.99.538 5288
8th Floor, Multipurpose Building, Nha Trang University, Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa, Vietnam
- Tel: +84.58.247 1336