The Faculty of Information Technology is responsible for two 4-year bachelor programs including Information Technology and Information System Management. With the Information Technology program, after completing foundational prerequisite courses, students can take elective specialized subjects in information systems, software engineering, or computer networks and communications in their last year.
- Bachelor in Information Technology
- Bachelor in Information Technology – POHE program (Profession-Oriented Higher Education)
- Bachelor in Information System Management
- Master in Information Technology: In association with Hanoi Polytechnic University, the Faculty of Information Technology offers a 2-year Master’s program in information technology. All the main courses are taught by professors from Hanoi Polytechnic University. However, since 2017, under the permission of the Ministry of Education and Training, the Faculty was allowed to train master program in Information Technology.
Together with instruction and training, scientific research and technology transfer are also primary functions of the Faculty of Information Technology. The faculty has taken significant steps toward conducting applied information technology projects.
The faculty takes necessary steps to ensure that all instructors and students have the support and equipment necessary to conduct creative research on practical and scientific research projects.
- Building testing systems. Project manager: Nguyen Huu Trong PhD.
- Mining association rules in temporal database (National Research Project Code: 221004). Project managers: Nguyen Dinh Thuan PhD.
- Study algorithm on data mining in temporal database. Project manager: Nguyen Dinh Thuan PhD.
- Roughset Theory and Applications. Project manager: Nguyen Duc Thuan PhD
Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition:
+ MSc Nguyen Dinh Cuong: Speech Recognition System using Microphone Array
+ MSc Nguyen Khac Cuong: Image Recognition for Automobile Systems
+ MSc Nguyen Dinh Hung: Speech Recognition
+ MSc Mai Cuong Tho: Speech Recognition
+ MSc Le Hoang Thanh: Image Recognition
Roughset and Data Mining:
+ PhD Nguyen Duc Thuan: Roughset Theory and Its Applications in Data Mining
+ MSc Huynh Tuan Anh: Web MiningXML and web ontology
+ PhD Pham Thi Thu Thuy: XML, RDF, OWL ontology Mathematics
+ PhD Do Nhu An: Graph theory - Hamiltonial cycle
+ MSc Pham Gia Hung: Optimizing.
- List of some typical published papers:
- Nguyen Duc Thuan, New measures for constructing decision tree based on rough sets and applications, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, Volume 6, No.5, May - June 2015
- Pham Thi Thu Thuy - Computing the similarity between duplicate elements in XML schema - International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology, Vol. 7, No. 3, 5/2015
- Đặng Thúy Bình, Đoàn Vũ Thịnh, Phylogenetic relationships of snappers (lutjanidae) based on mitochodrial DNA sequences - Marine biotechnology and environment – Nha Trang University – 05/2015.
- Đặng Thúy Bình, Đoàn Vũ Thịnh. WebGis for reef fishes biodiversity at Nha Trang and Cam Ranh bays in Khanh Hoa province, Vietnam, - IICBE international conference 06/2015 – Singapore.
- Nguyen Duc Thuan, Some extensions of positive and negative rules for discovering basic interesting rules, International Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, Vol 2, No 4, 2013
- Nguyen Hung Quoc, Nguyen Duc Thuan, An Improvement of Method Handling Missing Values in Incomplete Information System, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Vol 3, Issue 9, September 2013
- Pham Thi Thu Thuy, Young-Koo Lee, Sungyoung Lee - Semantic and Structural Similarity between XML Schemas for integration of Ubiquitous healthcare data - Journal of Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, Oct2013, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p1331
- Bui Van Dinh, Pham Gia Hung, Le Dung Muu - Bilevel Optimization as a Regularization Approach to Pseudomonotone Equilibrium Problems - Numerical Functional Analysis and Optimization – 03/2014
- Thanh Le Hoang, Context-aware image tagging with visual information inference - ACIS 12/2014 Proceedings - Vietnam.
- Nguyen Dinh Cuong, Huynh Minh Tri. Estimation of Feature Enhancement on Handwritting Recognition by Combination between Diagonal Based and Dense Distribution Techniques, - ACIS 12/2014 Proceedings - Vietnam.
- Pham Thi Thu Thuy et al. "A Semantic Approach for Transforming XML Data into RDF Ontology", Wireless Personal Communications (WPC) (SCIE: 0.458), Special Issue: Advanced Information Technologies in Future Computing Environments, 2013.
- Dinh Cuong Nguyen, “ImproveRecognition Performance Of Limabeam Algorithm Using MLLR Adaptation For Environment”; The Journal of Insitute Embeded Enginering of Korea, 2013.
- Dinh Cuong Nguyen, Suk Nam Choi, Hyun-Yeol Chung ,”Recogniton performance improvement of Unsupervised Limabeam Algorithm Using Post Filtering Technique” The Journal of Insitute Embeded Enginering of Korea, 2013.
- An D. Nhu, Hoa V. Dinh, “Necessary and sufficient condition for Maximal uniquely Hamiltonian graph”, International Journal of Advanced Research In Computer Science, Vol 3, No. 5, Sept-Oct 2012, 114-117.
- Đỗ Như An, Vũ Đình Hòa, Đỗ Minh Tuấn, "Maximum independent set in special graphs", Kỷ yếu hội thảo quốc gia CNTT-TT lần 14, Nhà xuất bản Khoa học và Kỹ thuật - 2012, tr. 555
- Vu Anh, Nguyen Duc Thuan – “IMPACT: A Novel Clustering Algorithm based on Attraction” – Journal of Computers, Vol 7, No 3 (2012), 653-665, Mar 2012
- Pham Thi Thu Thuy, Young-Koo Lee and Sungyoung Lee, "Semantic and Structural Similarity Analysis for Integration of Ubiquitous XML Healthcare Data", Journal of Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, ISSN: 1617-4909, 2012.
- Pham Thi Thu Thuy, Young-Koo Lee and Sungyoung Lee, “S-Trans: Semantic Transformation of XML Healthcare Data into OWL Ontology”, Knowledge-Based System, 2012.
- Pham Thi Thu Thuy, Young-Koo Lee, and Sungyoung Lee, "R2Sim: A Novel Semantic Similarity Measure for Matching between RDF Schemas", The 2012 FTRA International Conference on Advanced IT, engineering and Management (FTRA AIM 2012), Seoul, Korea, February 6-8, 2012.
- Dinh Cuong Nguyen, The Hien Pham, Hyun Yeol Chung, "Improve recognition performance of Limabeam algorithm using MLLR Adaptaton for environment," The conference of Computer Science of Dalat University, 12/2012.
- Thuan Nguyen Duc, Independence of Redundant Attributes in The Attribute Reduction Algorithm, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, Volume 3, No. 7, Nov-Dec 2012.
- P.G. Hung, L.D. Muu, The Tikhonov Regularization Method for Pseudomonotone Equilibrium Problems, Journal of Science, Universty of Dalat 3 (2012) 45-50..
- P.G. Hung, L.D. Muu, On Inexact Tikhonov and Proximal Point Regularization Methods for Pseudomonotone Equilibrium Problems, Journal of Science, Universty of Dalat 3 (2012) 51-56.
- P.G. Hung, L.D. Muu, On Inexact Tikhonov and Proximal Point Regularization Methods for Pseudomonotone Equilibrium Problems, Vietnam Journal of Mathematics 40 (2012) 255-274.
- Pham Gia Hung, Le D. Muu. The Tikhonov regularization extended to equilibrium problems involving pseudomonotone bifunctions. Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, Vol. 74, No. 17. (December 2011), pp. 6121-6129, doi:10.1016/j.na.2011.05.091
- Nguyễn Đức Thuần, Hàng Nguyên Huy - Luật khẳng định và phủ định dựa trên lý thuyết tập thô và ứng dụng – Hội thảo Công Nghệ Thông Tin Và Toán Ứng Dụng – Đại học Nha Trang 2011
- Pham Thi Thu Thuy, Young-Koo Lee, and Sungyoung Lee, "Semantic and Structural Similarities between XML Schemas for Integration of Ubiquitous Healthcare Data", The 2011 FTRA Internatioal Workshop on U-Healthcare Technologies and Services (U-Healthcare 2011), Jeju, Korea, December 12-15, 2011
International cooperation and cooperation with businesses
The Faculty frequently cooperates with international and domestic universities (Hanoi University of Science and Technology, University of Science, HCM City University of Science and Technology, Yeungnam University and Kyung Hee University - South Korea, University of Moncton - Canada) in graduate training, exchange of faculties and students, seminar and conference organization, and scientific research, etc. The Faculty also strengthens cooperation with local agencies to transfer and introduce technologies, or offer vocational guidance to improve the quality of training
The followings are some of the faculty’s established partnerships:
- The Information Technology Faculty of the 8th Paris University, France: Lecturer training programs.
- Faculty and Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), India: Student exchange programs.
- Yeungnam University, Korea: Student exchange programs.
- The Faculty and University of New England: Designing a new curriculum based on Knowledge, Attitude, Skill (KAS).
- Microsoft: The MSDN AA Program (Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance).
- IBM Academic Initiative: IBM Worldwide Certification Support.
- FPT Software: Recruitment Support.
- Khanh Hoa Association for Information Communication Technology: Scholarship Offer.
Dean: Mrs. Pham Thi Thu Thuy, PhD.
Vice-Dean: Mr. Bui Chi Thanh, MSc.
Address: 02 Nguyen Dinh Chieu street, Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa, Vietnam
Tel: +84 (258) 2471367