Nha Trang University (NTU) main campus is located on the long beach of Nha Trang city. It is the capital city of Khanh Hoa province, a rich land of history and culture. The city is situated in the southern part of central Vietnam, approximately 440 kilometres north of Ho Chi Minh city, 1280 kilometres south of Ha Noi, capital of Vietnam.
1. Reaching Nha Trang University by air plane
Most international airline companies fly to Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh, or Da Nang city. From one of these cities, local airline companies (Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, Jetstar Pacific, Bamboo Airways) can connect you to Nha Trang (Cam Ranh airport). These airlines offer daily flights. Recently, due to high demand from international visitors, many direct international flights have been connected to Cam Ranh Airport such as from China, Russia, Korea,… You can check flight time as well as airfare through https://www.traveloka.com/en-vn/
From Cam Ranh airport you can reach Nha Trang University by taxi or the airport bus. It takes you about 45 minutes for transportation.
2. Reaching Nha Trang University by train
Vietnam Railways offers trains from cities such as Ha Noi (24 hours), Da Nang (10 hours) and Ho Chi Minh (7 hours) to Nha Trang City. Nha Trang station is located in the centre of Nha Trang City. From Nha Trang Station you can reach Nha Trang University by a taxi or bus in 15 minutes. The service, with multiple services and levels of comfort travels from the North to the South of Vietnam, and vice versa, stopping at all cities on route. You can visit the webiste of Vietnamese Railway Company: https://dsvn.vn/#/
3. Reaching Nha Trang University by bus express
- From Ho Chi Minh city, it takes around 9 hours to Nha Trang University.
- From Hanoi, it takes around 26 hours to Nha Trang University.
- From Danang, it takes around 12 hours to Nha Trang University.
There are many options for your choice. Followings are reliable bus companies for your traveling:
- Phuong Nam Travel
- Phuong Trang Express (FUTA Express)
- Quang Hanh
- Huynh Gia
- Cuc Tung Limousine
- Thinh Phat Limousine
4. Moving from downtown to NTU
4.1 By bus
Generally, the bus system in Nha Trang city is cheap, air-conditioned, and pleasant. Currently, there are 6 lines. Lines 4, 5, and 6 can drop you close to the University.
- Bus line No. 4: Duong Hien Quyen – Nguyen Thien Thuat – Vinpearl
- Operating time: 5:10 to 19:10
- Journey duration: 45 minutes/ time.
- Route: Duong Hien Quyen (near University of Telecommunication) → Pham Van Dong (Khanh Hoa University) → Hon Chong → Thap Ba → 2/4 street → Quang Trung (General Hospital) → Ly Thanh Ton → Crossroads (Mountain Church) → Le Thanh Ton → Nguyen Thien Thuat → Tran Quang Khai → 86 Tran Phu → 96 Tran Phu (At the alley head to Queen Hotel) → Cau Da (Institute of Oceanography) → Vinpearl Port and Vice versa.
Bus line No. 5: Tran Phu Bridge – To Hien Thanh – Hon Ro
- Operating time: 5:20 to 18:35
- Journey duration: 35 minutes/ time.
- Route: The North side of Tran Phu Bridge (Near Nha Trang University → Nguyen Binh Khiem → Ngo Quyen → Phan Chu Trinh (Return way: Hoang Van Thu - Le Loi) → Hoang Hoa Tham → Nguyen Chanh → Le Thanh Ton (Return way: Dinh Tien Hoang ) → Tô Hiến Thành → Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai → 96 Tran Phu (At the alley head to Queen Hotel) → Da Tuong → Vo Thi Sau → Phuoc Long → Le Hong Phong → Nguyen Tat Thanh Boulevard → Binh Tan Bridge → Hon Ro 1 and Vice versa.
Bus line No. 6: Big C Supermarket – Northern Bus Station – Luong Son Market
- Operating time: 5:20 to 19:00
- Journey duration: 45 minutes/ time.
- Route: Big C Supermarket → 23/10 street → Yersin → Quang Trung → 2/4 Street → Northern Bus Station → Nguyen Xien → Nha Trang National College of Pedagogy → Fiber Factory → 1A Highway → Luong Son market and Vice versa.
4.2 By Grab
Get a safe and reliable ride in minutes with Grab (formerly GrabTaxi). With the largest pool of drivers in Nha Trang, Grab offers the fastest booking service for taxis, private cars or motorbikes.
There are lots of options for you to choose when you want to go anywhere in Nha Trang City.
*GrabTaxi: Book a budget or premium taxi from Southeast Asia’s largest network of drivers.
*GrabCar: Ride in comfort in a private car and pay a fixed fare that is agreed upfront.
*GrabBike: Get around the city in simply the quickest way possible.
4.3 By Taxi
Taxi in Nha Trang is usually metered, the price is generally fair. There are some outstanding companies:
- Mai Linh (Green taxi): (0258) 38 38 38 38
- Quoc Te (Blue taxi): (0258) 3 52 52 52
- Asia (Yellow taxi): (0258) 35 35 35 35
- Vinasun (White and green taxi): (0258) 38 27 27 27