The priorities in research based on disciplines are as follows:
1. INSTITUTE OF AQUACULTURE
- Artificial breeding and seed reproduction of economic cultured species;
- Production of pellet feeds for mariculture;
- Measures for aquatic environmental and pathological management.
2. FACULTY OF FOOD TECHNOLOGY
- Developing products from seafood wastes: chitin, chitosan, colorants, flavors, fish glue, fish oil;
- Producing fishery value-added products: surimi, food analog, functional foods, etc;
- Establishing standards, models for testing, monitoring and alerting risks in aquaculture and food processing;
- Developing export products from coffee, tea.
3. FACULTY OF TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING
- The automation in ship design and building;
- Designing and building specialized ships such as submarines, hovercrafts, hydrofoils;
- Using new material and new fuels in transportation engineering etc;
-Using new fuels.
4. FACULTY OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- Product design and development;
- Automation and mechatronics;
- Seafood and aquaculture equipment;
- Renewable energy.
5. FACULTY OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING
- Clean energy;
- Saving energy;
- Electrical and electronic equipment on fishing vessels
6. FACULTY OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
- Structure optimization;
- Construction technology and construction project management;
- Automatic design;
- Friction Welding technology;
- Composite concrete material;
- Clay material mixing additive.
7. FACULTY OF ECONOMICS
- Wide rage of field studying the sustainable development of fisheries;
- Effect of climate change on coastal area;
- Efficiency of fishing boat, issue relating to fisheries enterprise management;
- Factors speeding up export performance;
- Seafood consumption behaviours.
8. FACULTY OF ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
- Design and organize information systems in financial accounting, management accounting and cost accounting.
- Design internal control systems and study other topics in auditing.
- Study and design financial management models.
- Study and design banking management models.
9. INSTITUTE FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Study on nutrition and food safety;
- Pathological diagnosis in aquaculture;
- Monitoring, consulting, design and construction of environmental treatment systems
- Environmental studies and impact assessment;
- Conservation of aquatic genetic resource.
10. INSTITUTE FOR MARINE SCIENCE AND FISHING TECHNOLOGY
- Improving fishing gear to raise fishing effect and resource protection;
- Navigation safety for people and fishing vessels;
- Projecting fishing vessel and gear mechanism;
- Applying new technology in fishing and fishing management, such as GIS and RS;
- Evaluating impact of climate change on fishing.